The 1st Community Federal Credit Union Spur Arena hosted its grand opening on June 13, 2002. A dream come true for the membership of the Association, this $4.9 million capital improvement, funded by the half-cent sales tax created an indoor facility to help grow the Association's economic impact for the city. A climate-controlled facility perfect for housing a variety of events from rodeos to tennis matches, ropings and concerts, to livestock and cutting horse shows. The Spur Arena has been touted as the "Premier Equine Facility" as it plays host to some of the top equine events in the nation annually.
- GPS Coordinates: N 31 30.517 W100 27.617
- 83,160 square feet
- Dimensions: Building - 252' x 330'
- Arena without chutes- 155' x 330'
- Arena with chutes 135' x 270'
- Bucking/roping chutes, 60' x 330'
- 956 regular chair seats
- 12 handicap accessible with 12 companion seats
- Covered warm up areas (North and South ends) 120' x 106'
- Ticket office with 3 additional offices available
- Exhibit space in lobby
- Kiser and Parma arena maintenance equipment provided
- 90+ RV spaces (28 full hook-ups with sewer and 60 with water and electricity)
- Upstairs private club with bar, handicapped accessible, elevator - 30' x 70'
- Concession area
- 262 permanent 10' x 10' horse stalls, including wash racks
- 140 portable 10' x 10' horse stalls that can be located in additional livestock buildings