Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Instagram
Tickets & Deals

Sign up for email updates from San Angelo Stock Show and Rodeo Association

Home > About > FAQS


Here are some of the commonly asked Questions and Answers we get! If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office by phone at 325-653-7785!

Hours and Prices

What are the general office hours of the Association?

The office is typically opened Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to Noon, and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. From the Tuesday following Labor Day through Roping Fiesta, we are opening from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

Where is the Association office?

During non-event time, our office is located at 200 West 43rd Street, which is just to the West of the Coliseum box office. When turning onto Grape Creek Road from Chadbourne, it would be the first block on your left.

During events, we are located at various locations on the fairgrounds depending on the event, but during Stock Show and Rodeo we are located inside the AutoWrangler Livestock Barn.

What is the gate admission onto the fairgrounds daily?

Daily gate admission for Adults is $8.00.

Children 11 & Under - $5.00

How much is parking?

Parking is free as long as it is outside of the fairground gates. For example, parking in the Coliseum Parking lot is free, as well as along Grape Creek Road.

To obtain a parking pass for livestock exhibitors inside the gate, those are $20.00.

What are the Carnival Hours?

Check the carnival page for a listing of hours.


How much are Rodeo tickets?

Prices vary by performance, from $10 to $30. For specific information, please visit the rodeo tab.

Do children have to have rodeo tickets?

Rodeo tickets are sold by the seat, so if the child will be using a seat, yes they must have a ticket. If the child will be sitting in an adult's lap they do not have to have a ticket.

What events are offered during rodeo performances?

Each of the 9 PRCA sanctioned rodeo events offers two sections of bull riding, and one section of bareback riding, saddle bronc riding, calf roping, team roping, steer wrestling and women's barrel racing.

All of these performances will also include Mutton' Bustin.

How do I enter my child in Mutton Bustin'?

Each local and area school may select one student to submit for entry for the Mutton' Bustin competition. Schools are allowed to determine which child from their school will be selected.

Entries must be submitted to the stock show office from the school. Shortly after the entry deadline, entrants will be assigned a performance and notified which performance they will be in.

How long does a rodeo performance last?

Typically, a rodeo performance last between two and two and one half hours. Please remember though, this is subject to changed based off of variables such as the number of re-rides.

When do tickets go on sale?

Tickets go on-sale to the public right after the first of the year at all city ticket outlets, including the Coliseum Box Office.


What is a Junior Show exhibitor?

To be eligible for the Junior Livestock Show exhibitors must be Texas residents, members of a Texas 4-H Club or FFA Chapter, and enrolled and attending public, private or home elementary or secondary schools. Exhibitors must have continuously owned and personally fed and cared for their animals under the direct supervision of a County Extension Agent or Agricultural Science Teacher. Exhibitors must be between the ages of 9 and 19 on or before August 31, 2012 or 8 years old and in the third grade.

What is a Youth Livestock Show?

A youth livestock show is open to exhibitors, regardless of their residency, under the age of 19 as of January 1, 2013. Youth exhibitors are not required to be members of 4-H or FFA.

What is an Open Show?

An open show is open to the world. There are no age restrictions on exhibitors, nor are their restrictions on their residency.

What is the difference between the CTBR Texas Stars Gilt Show and the Junior Breeding Gilt Show?

The CTBR Texas Stars Gilt Show has both a pedigreed and non-pedigreed division. All gilts must be state validated, through the barrow validation program. All gilts must have a Certified Texas Bred Registry Certificate, which the exhibitor shall get from the breeder of the animal. To exhibit in the pedigreed division, the gilt must have her ORIGINAL registration paper from the breed association.

The CTBR Texas Stars Gilt Show has a sale associated with it. Approximately the top 60 head selected from the show will sell. All animals selected to the sale are required to sell. This is a production type auction- not a premium sale- thus buyers are actually purchasing the animal. A 15% commission is applied to all sells.

The Junior Breeding Gilt Show is strictly open to REGISTERED, PUREBRED gilts ONLY. Gilts do not need to be state validated in this show, nor do they need a CTBR certificate. However, it must be reflected that all gilts in this show were farrowed in Texas on their registration certificates. This show is for premiums and incentives only, there is no sale associated with it.

What is the entry deadline?

All Junior Show entries must be submitted online and in paper format to the show by the CEA/AST by December 1, 2012. Please remember, that in order to get these turned in by our deadline, CEA's and AST's may have earlier deadlines. It is the exhibitor's responsibility to find this out.

All open show and youth show entries are due in paper format only by postmark January 15, 2013.

Rabbit Show entries are due postmarked by January 31, 2013.

How are stall arrangements made?

Stalling at most of all shows is made upon arrival. They are based on a first come- first served basis. To stall together a group must arrive together.

Bedding is including in your entry price for all shows. If you wish to tie your cattle outside the barn, you must provide your own bedding. There is no fee for tie-outs.

Is there a charge for cattle tie-outs?

No, there is no charge, however, you must provide your own bedding.

Do I need to purchase additional gate passes?

Each exhibitor entered to the show will receive one gate pass. If the parents need additional gate passes, those may be purchased at the time of entry or the day of the show.

Each ag teacher and county agent will receive one free gate pass.

Passes for judging contests and ag mechanics teams will be mailed to the Ag Science Teacher or County Extension Agent along with all other Junior Show Passes.

Do we have to submit entries online?

All Junior Show entries must be submitted online.

Open Show and Youth Show entries may just be mailed in. There is currently not an online entry requirement for those shows.

Do I need to purchase a parking pass?

If you would like to park within the gates of the fairgrounds, you will be required to purchase a parking pass.

You may park in the Coliseum parking lot or along Grape Creek Road for no fee.

Parking passes may be purchased at the time of entry to receive the passes in advance of arrival or at the show.
Back to
< Back